Here is your new starters' information.
Now you've completed the induction trail here's the place to find further information on each area of Ravensbourne.
All information found here will help and assist you settle into your time at Ravensbourne and we hope you find it useful.
Induction Trail - QUIZ
Welcome to Ravensbourne.
Thank you for participating in the Induction Trail as a group.
Now please individually complete the following Quiz. The password to access it contains two words separated by a space: these words are spelt out by the letters on the 10 eggs you collected.
When you're done, don't forget to fill in the Evaluation form at the end!
Thank you again and enjoy your time with us at Ravensbourne.
Your course induction will be on a different day to enrolment and depending on whether or not you are an FE, UG, or PG student will last between 1-3 days.
It is essential that you attend all the days. Each course has a different start time - find yours out now.
Your course timetable
Did you know you can now subscribe to your personal timetable and have your timetable displayed in your email calendar or the calendar on your smartphone or tablet? This is particularly useful for students on courses that have teaching in small groups as well as one large group sessions. Your timetable will only display the sessions for the group(s) you are a part of, making it easier for you to know when you need to attend.
Please note - you can only subscribe to your timetable if you have fully completed your enrolment.
Moodle is the learning platform you will need to access in order to progress through your course.
Where to go to see what your course will include.
At the IT Helpdesk, we provide technical support to meet the needs of everyone at Ravensbourne. If you are facing technical issues, have an IT request or are in need of information on IT services, or Software provided by Ravensbourne, you can log a ticket at: support.rave.ac.uk
The IT Helpdesk, located on Level 4, is staffed by Omar Ferdous and Richard Michaelic with assistance from IT Student helpers. Look for the yellow T-Shirts!
Password reset – Information on how to reset your password.
The Printers – Information on printing services provided by Ravensbourne.
Printing Software – Information on how to install the drivers for the Multi-Function Printers on your personal MacOS, or Windows Devices.
Google - Mail, Calendar, Drive – Information regarding your Ravensbourne Email Account.
Free Software – Complete list and links to software provided by the Ravensbourne IT Department.
Laptop Bursary – Information regarding Laptop Bursary Scheme provided by Ravensbourne.
Telephone - 0203 040 3535
Email - email@example.com
Twitter - @raveservicedesk
Our aim is to provide an impartial and confidential service to support the student journey, both academically and pastorally. If you need to see any of the team, contact us via the Information Desk on level 4, call 0203 040 3501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a wealth of information available to you - in print, online and multimedia format, make sure you come visit the Library.
- Information on the library service
- Search to see what we have available
- Subject guides
- Find us on Facebook
We have a Silent Zone within the library which is for silent study only. Please respect the rules here and do not disturb others.
Please note: the library is a food-free environment and we do not allow hot food in the library.
Central Loans Resources (CLR)
The Central Loan Resource (CLR) holds a variety of equipment that can be borrowed for up-to 3 days; this can be extended with permission from your tutor via email.
- Information on opening hours and fines
- Polices on using the service
- Booking items and checking out
- Staff information
Our protoyping department provides technology and equipment to allow users to create prototypes.
Health and Safety
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) department is here to provide advice to staff and students on all aspects of health and safety management and legal compliance, sustainability and environmental management, and provide training and coaching to individuals and groups.
- Risk Assessment templates and guide
- Our policies and procedures
- How to alert a first aider
- Alcohol and smoking rules
- Repercussions for breaking rules
- Training requirements for specialist equipment.
Ravensbourne Plus is co-curricular industry-led programme that runs alongside each of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Ravensbourne to fully prepare students to work.
- Agency - offical jobs portal for students, graduates and alumni looking for work opportunities.
- Lates - evening events featuring influential speakers who are at the forefront of their industries.
- Shorts - a range of courses offering you an opportunity to expand your horizons, develop new skills and take part in exciting and engaging master classes.
- Insights - insiders view of how your chosen industry works and where the jobs are, along with tips on how to improve your CV
Through Connect, Ravensbourne students have the unique opportunity to work alongside their peers, who are also aiming to pursue their career within the design and media industries.
Appeals and complaints
How to make an appeal against a grade or complain about an area which you feel hasn’t met your expectations.
- The building is open 0600-2300hrs Mon-Fri and 0900-1800hrs Saturday.
- All guests are to be signed in with the Front of House team, where they will be requested to confirm the reason for their visit, ensuring the relevant point of contact is updated of their guests arrival.
- No guests are permitted entry without validation of a staff member/student to provide an escort and/or approval of entry.
- The team can be contacted on 0203 0403830 or 07872 424189 and email@example.com