Ravensbourne has been allocated 46 awards under the National Scholarship Programme (NSPs) for 2013/14 and will match this to create 92 awards in total open to eligible students whose household income is less than £25,000 and who have home and European Union residential status.
NSPs will be awarded in the student’s first year of study only and each will be worth £3000 in benefit. Ravensbourne has decided that each award will consist of a £2,000 fee waiver and a £1,000 cash award. Ravensbourne has established its criteria for making individual awards to full-time students domiciled in England. You do not need to apply for a scholarship as you will be assessed for eligibility against our criteria and you will be notified if you are successful but you should note that meeting the eligibility criteria will not guarantee receipt of a scholarship. The number of eligible students is likely to exceed the number of available scholarships.
Criteria for the award of NSP are as follows in order of priority:
- Applicant is a domicile English full-time undergraduate student with a household income of £25,000 or less;
- You are a Care Leaver under the age of 25 (i.e. under LA care immediately prior to enrolment); Or is under the age of 25 at enrolment and been in care for 3 months;
- The applicant is an English domicile full-time undergraduate student with a declared household income of £16,000 or less;
- The applicant has engaged in one or more outreach activities organised by Ravensbourne; When the number of the applicants falling in to the criteria exceeds the number of NSPs available, we will apply the following additional criterion:
- The applicant has demonstrated an ability through their portfolio prior to academic work/or interview to benefit from the programme beyond that demonstrated by other applicants;
In order to support the significant number of eligible students likely to enter Ravensbourne in 2013 who may not benefit from a NSP, Ravensbourne intends to offer a one-off £1,000 cash award to all students joining us who meet the following criteria:
- are not in receipt of a NSP benefit
- are home/EU residents
- are from a household whose income is below £25,000
This entitlement will continue in each year of the student’s undergraduate study and this new benefit will be available to students who were in receipt of a NSP from their second year of study.
This is a one off bursary given to students to enable opportunity for work experience in industry at home or abroad during the period of their study at Ravensbourne. The award is open to students whose circumstances would normally prevent them from undertaking work experience (e.g.family income, childcare commitments or other financial difficulties).
The value of the award is fixed at £500. Normally, no more than five individual awards are made in any one academic year. Each award will relate to a specific work experience opportunity identified by an individual student. In the event that there are more than five applications, the recipients will be decided on the basis of the merit of the application and the circumstances that the award will alleviate.
The Board of Governors considers applications on a case-by-case basis. If you have a placement lined up, please contact Anita Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Students need to return the form before 28 May 2013 to be considered by the board of governors in late June.
Students can apply for this award by submitting
- Evidence of a secured work placement / experience of a minimum of 3 weeks
(this can be more than one placement and they do not have to run consecutively).
- Evidence demonstrating financial difficulty / hardship
- A supporting statement
Students must be in receipt / or have underlying eligibility for Student Support from the UK ie: student loan, maintenance grant.