Tuition fee loans are normally available to Home and European Union Students studying on an undergraduate course.
However please note that the are residency restrictions - You must be resident in the United Kingdom or European Union for a purpose other than full time education for a period of 3 years as at 1 September in the year the course commences.
There are also restrictions on the number of years for which a tuition fee loan may be granted, This may effect your entitlement to obtain a loan if:-
- You have previously received support for a Undergraduate course.
- You are enrolling to retake a year of the course (although you are normally permitted a tuition fee loan to retake ONE year of the course
- You already have a qualification and enrolling on this course does not give you a qualification of a higher level (This applies irrespective of how the previous qualification was funded).
All students are required to sign a declaration on enrollment accepting personal responsibility for payment of the tuition fees, if you are relying on a tuition fee loan to pay your fees, it is strongly recommended that you make appropriate enquiries with the office that is processing your application before enrolling and that you disclose all relevant information.
Tuition fee loans are paid directly to Ravensbourne and Students are required to show their "University or College payment advice" supplied by the Student Loans Company or other suitable confirmation on enrolment.
Eligibility is based on Length of the course you are enrolling for PLUS 1 year (for a retake of one year of the course) MINUS the number of years which support has already been paid for a previous course (whether this included a tuition fee loan or not).
Please note you must meet residency requirements (see above) and not already hold a qualification of a higher or equivalent level to be eligible for a tuition fee loan.
|Number of years of previous study for which support has been paid||What are eligible for|
|None|| Tuition fee loans available for the three year course and for one repeat year
|1 Previous year|| Tuition fee loans available for the three year course, but no tuition fee loan available for any repeat years
|2 Previous years||Tuition fee loans available for years 2 and 3 – No tuition fee loan available for year 1|
|3 Previous years|| Tuition fee loan available for year 3 only – No tuition fee loan available for year 1 or year 2
|4 or more Previous years|| No tuition fee loan for any year of the course.
How you apply for a tuition fee loan depends on where you are domiciled:
- Students living in England should apply through Student Finance England
- Students living in Northern Ireland should apply through Student Finance NI
- Students living in Wales should apply through Student Finance Wales
- Students living in Scotland should apply through the Student Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
- European Union Students should apply through Student Finance Services European Team