Enter the Incubation Lite Awards to win a place on Ravensbourne's incubation programme
We want to support you to make the move to bring your ideas into reality by helping you to develop your ideas and launch your own business through supporting you to get the right business skills. Our Incubation Lite Awards will give the lucky winners the chance to become members of our prestigious incubation programme, gaining crucial business support to build the foundations for your future success.
So if you're ambitious, with great innovative ideas, what are you waiting for - get applying for this fantastic opportunity!
This prize is designed to help and support the winning project come to life. The 12-month membership of Incubation LITE includes:
- Business surgeries including financial, legal/IP, prototype development and marketing/PR advice
- Mentoring from industry experts
- Fundraising specialist support
- Access to the workspace on 1st floor
All students who are registered to attend Ravensbourne for the 2016/17 academic year can enter. Students can enter as individuals, or as a group (maximum of four).
Entry selection and process
Step 1: Fill out the application form. You'll find copies around the building, or you can download it here. Apply by Tuesday 28 February 2017.
Step 2: Entries will be shortlisted and successful applicants will be informed in March 2017.
Step 3: Shortlisted candidates will pitch their ideas to the judging panel in March 2017.
Step 4: The winners will be announced at the Degree Show in June 2017.
Step 5: The Incubation LITE membership starts in September 2017.
Contact Ha Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Form
Terms & conditions
1. This competition is being organised by Ravensbourne, whose registered office is at 6 Penrose Way, Greenwich Peninsula, London, SE10 0EW.
2. Employees of Ravensbourne or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. All entrants must be registered as a Ravensbourne student for the 2016/17 academic year.
4. The competition is open to entrants aged 18 years or over only.
5. All projects and entry information must be completed in the English language.
6. There is no entry fee.
7. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the application forms available around the Ravensbourne building as well as on the intranet
8. Closing date for entry will be 11:59pm on Tuesday 28 February 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules and process of the competition and the prize for the winners can be found on the intranet
11. Ravensbourne reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes in the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Ravenbourne.
12. Ravensbourne is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. No cash alternative to the prize of a place on the programme will be offered. The cash prize from sponsors is up to £1,000, however this amount is not guaranteed. The cash prize must be used solely for developing your business or idea. The prize is not transferable.
14. Entrants will be shortlisted by staff members from the Incubation team. Entrants will be notified that they have been shortlisted in March 2017. If you have not been contacted by the end of March 2017, your entry has been unsuccessful.
15. Shortlisted entrants must be available to pitch their idea to a panel of judges (from Ravensbourne staff and independent industry contacts) in March 2017 (date TBC). If shortlisted entrants are unable to attend on the specified date, they will be automatically withdrawn from the competition.
16. The winner will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at the Degree Show in June 2017.
17. Ravensbourne's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final.
18. The prize of 12 month period membership of the Incubation LITE programme will start in September 2017, with a specific starting date agreed by the winner and Ravensbourne's Incubation Manager.
19. Every entrant will retain their IP rights to their projects.
20. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
21. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law.
22. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
23. Ravensbourne reserve the right to withdraw the prize fro the winner at any time throughout the duration of the Incubation LITE membership period if they breach the terms and conditions of the Ravensbourne Licence to Occupy Agreement.